Search This Blog

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Social Media Survey and Infographic

I am collecting some data regarding social media for an infographic assignment. If you could find the time to complete the survey, I would really appreciate it!

Social Media Usage Survey

Update to Social Media Usage Survey and Infographic

Wow, I was so excited to see that so many people participated in my survey regarding social media sites. Thank you to all my followers who responded to my survey.

I used an excellent infographic website, Canva, to summarize the data I collected in an eye-catching way. It was so easy! Canva provides a wide selection of free templates and layouts, you just need to choose the layout that best suits your needs then input the information you want to share.

I chose to use the "Donation Charity" template because I liked the colors, fonts, and layout. Rather than use a graph to display the data from my survey, I chose to summarize it more informally. I wanted to explore the reasons most people use social media, but I lack experience in survey design, so I think my results were a little skewed, at least in a scientific, empirical sense. I also used the free version of Survey Monkey, which lacks some of the disaggregation capabilities the pro version provides. But for the purpose of this task, I think I gained some valuable experience. Here's the final product.


Social Media Infographic


Last semester I used Wix.com to create a website for both of my grad school courses and it was surprisingly easy. My experience using Canva was very similar to creating my website on Wix. There are an abundance of free templates and layouts available. You can create customized announcements, presentations, menus, flyers, invitations, blog graphics, banners, ads and more. The company also provides many resources for design professionals and novices alike, as well as an online design school with an interactive online design course, teacher lesson plans, and free tutorials intended to "increase the world's visual literacy". To find out more about Canva's Design School, click here to get the information straight from the source!

For myself, I think Canva's ease of usability and eye-catching designs make it a premier infographic tool. I highly recommend it for those new to online design like myself.

6 comments:

  1. I also love Canva. I use it more for posters, invitations, and social media posts, but I can now see where it might be used in other ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never used Canva, but seeing your infographic make me want to give it a try. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I'm going to be using it frequently.

      Delete
  3. This is the first time I hear about Canva. Your inforgraphic looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was so easy, just a template to follow and voila!

      Delete
  4. I like your infographic from Canva. I also think that the information you used is appealing because it raises attention to the use of social media.

    Lori De La Garza

    ReplyDelete

My First Flipogram.